Grilled or tandoor options always make for a great snack and starter options yet we fear to explore the exotic dishes. So here’s a latest addition of healthy veg. option in starters from Tandoor made easy for you.
500 Gms of broccoli florets
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1 cup of rated processed cheese (Amul)
100 Gms of fresh cream
50 Gms of Cashew nut & dry melon seeds
6 – 8 green cardamon pods
15 – 20 black peppercorns
2 Tbsps garlic paste
1 Tbsp ginger paste
4 – 6 green chilies
Salt – according to taste
– Bring a large pot of water to boil. In a separate bowl keep some ice cold water ready. Add a couple of tsps of salt to the pot. You will need to blanch the broccoli by adding them to boiling water for about 2-3 minutes and then immediately putting them in ice cold water so that they are tender yet crisp enough.
– Once cooled, remove the florets and keep them aside to drain. Grind the green chilies, cardamon seeds and black pepper corns into a fine paste.
– In a separate bowl mix the two cheeses, ginger garlic paste, cream, and cashew nut & Dry Melon seeds paste. Add salt to taste & cardamom powder. Freshly fine chopped Coriander.
– Marinate the broccoli florets in the mixture for at least an hour.
– Once the Tandoor (Clay Oven) is on heat of around 200-250 degrees Skewer the Marinated broccoli on iron skewer. Roast it in Tandoor until tender (around 10-12 minutes).
– Once cooked take it out on platter, Pour some fresh cream & roasted almond flakes.
– Serve hot with a fresh onion & tomato salad! Green Mint Chutney.
Missing wholesome reading, celebrity interviews and latest in fashion?
Sign up for our Newsletter to get best deals and news on Fashion |Travel | Food |& Art