Gender dynamics and equality at workplace and professions is an imperative issue which is now taken seriously by the society as well as the professional industries. The significance of understanding and bridging the difference between the genders in terms of either professional opportunities or pay scales, has now been acknowledged.
To address this issue various awareness campaigns are being organized by some prestigious organizations. One of such coming up event is ‘Mind the Gap’.
This event is produced by Dysco, a professional networking app, website and community, in collaboration with MIXX – a platform that addresses gender issues through a curated range of products and experiences in association with event partners VITAMIN STREE (Content Partner) and WeWork (community partner).
Mind the Gap draws together an eclectic and exciting group of personalities to explore the physical, intellectual and digital manifestations of gender dynamics within professions and workplaces. The event will create awareness on one of the most compelling issues of our generation, in a manner that is both wildly appealing and wonderfully engaging – a real celebration of progressive minds and impassioned hearts.
Among a series of curated panels across different industries, this day-long event will have a panel discussion on gender within Art & Culture as well as photography installations by Shreya Dev Dube, Indrajeet Rajkhowa (his series Ice Hockey in the Himalayas was picked up by VICE India), Riddhi Parekh (who will be showing her series Women Metro Drivers) and Roshini Kumar as well as a video art piece – Boys of Safdarjung by stylist and creative director Nikhil D and videographer Tsungdue Phunkhang.
The performance at event includes artwork by Princess Pea, one of India’s leading contemporary artists, music by renowned lyricist Ankur Tewari and Music performance by harpist Nush Lewis.
Speakers from an array of fields including art and culture, sports and social entrepreneurship will talk about challenging gender stereotypes, trends and norms in the workspace, focused around personal anecdotes and narratives.
Key speakers include
• Ayesha Billimoria– Athlete, Fitness Trainer & Adidas Ambassador
• Suhail Chandok– TV Presenter & Sports Commentator at Star Sports & IPL (Media Personality & Sports Influencer)
• KV Sridhar Pops- Founder & CEO at HyperCollective (Advertising Guru / ex CCO at Leo Burnett India)
• Revathi Roy– CEO at Hey Deedee & Zaffiro Learning (Social Entrepreneur)
• Rytasha Rathore– Theatre, Television & Comedy Personality
• Rohan Joshi– Comedian at All India Bhakchod
• Reema Sengupta & Kunal Punjabi, Film Producers and Video Content Creators at CATNIP
• Nush Lewis– musician and founder of Offset Live
• Tara Kapur & Akshat Gupt– Supari Studios
• Janaki Subramaniam– Pilot & Photographer
• Shreya Dev Dube– Film maker & Photographer
• Skye Thomas– Writer & Critic
• Sonali Thakkar– Comedian
• Sumukhi Suresh– Actor & Comedian
• Komorebi– Musician
• Ashutosh Phatak– Producer and Co-Founder of The Quarter
• Amit Gurbaxani– Author, Promoter & Music Journalist
• Aditi Ramesh Singer-Songwriter & Vocalist
• ConnectFor– Gender, Volunteering & the Social Sector
• Riddhi Parekh– Nat Geo Your Shot photographer How to Create Viral Content for Social Media
• Chintan Girish Modi– Mardon Waali Baat – A Gender Sensitisation workshop
• Shreya Gulati– Design & Illustration for Social Causes
• Bollywood Art Project- Poster Making Workshop
The Event Date: 3 June 2018
Location: C-20, G Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex Mumbai MH 400051
Book your tickets online on: www.insider.in