Is it? Or should we say rejuvenation? The fact that Chocolate is world’s most favourite sweet dish, makes it that one food which brings you back to life and that’s what makes it the hot favourite of the world!
Interestingly, what most people do not know is that we get chocolate from the very bitter seeds of Cacao Tree and in order to get the taste of chocolate from the Cacao beans they must first be fermented! The fermented seeds are then dried again and after cleaning and roasting, what comes out are the cacao nibs, which then are crushed to make cocoa mass. What we may call as pure chocolate in its very first stage!
The history of Chocolates dates back to the early 1900s BC and owes its origin to the Americans and surprisingly the word ‘chocolate’ entered English dictionary around the sixteenth century. What makes Chocolate so irresistible is the fact that its smell increases our theta brain waves which in turn helps us to relax instantly.
Another interesting fact to know is that the World’s Chocolate Giant, Milton Hershey would have been aboard the sunk Titanic had it not been for his last minute business matters, thus sinking all our greed for Chocolates in all desirable forms! Sometimes it’s good to be busy in business and here’s an exclusive for all those, who work hard and indulge in chocolates for a break, an exclusive recipe by Chef Rajdeep Kapoor, Executive Chef at ITC Hotels, a treat to savour your sweet buds!
Death by Chocolate!
What you need:
Water –100 ml
Oil- 100 ml
Celebration mix powder 50 gms
What to do
1. Mix all the ingredients together to form a uniform smooth mixture.
2. Grease the ring (mould) and pour the mixture ( fill it half)
3. Bake it at 180 degree centigrade for about 40 minutes.
4. Check the doness with the help of knife.( If it comes out clean them it’s cooked)
The Final Touche
1. Cut the sponge in 3 layers
2. Soak the sponge with sugar syrup and layer it up with chocolate garnish.
3. Put the layer cake in deep freezer for 4 min.
4. Finish it up with chocolate garnish.
5. Garnish it with 3 types of chocolate cigar.
Missing wholesome reading, celebrity interviews and latest in fashion?
Sign up for our Newsletter to get best deals and news on Fashion |Travel | Food |& Art